Performing a thorough due diligence on a potential acquisition is one of the most important tasks that a buyer needs to do when making a purchase decision. We’ve put together a list of items that buyers will want to investigate when talking to a seller.
This is part of a large series. Be sure to scan our Buyers Blog for the category Due Diligence.
The next step in the Corporate Overview portion of your Due Diligence is Development Overview. The purpose of this section is to determine any historic factors that may impact your decision.
– What are the company’s core competencies?
– Does the company maintain any strategic alliances?
– When and where was the company founded, and by whom?
– What is the history of the management team?
– Has the corporate location changed?
– Have there been ownership changes?
– Have there been acquisitions or divestitures?
– What is its financial history?
– Obtain and review copies of all
· acquisition agreements;
· filings with government agencies made in connection with the acquisition
Do you know what your business is worth? Find out quickly with our online business valuation tool. No strings attached! https://www.sellmymsp.com